Saturday 11 May 2013

Otama - come and see!


Otama Beach Coromandel Peninsula NZ


This is another post about a corner of New Zealand you have probably never heard of.  Just trying to entice you all to visit…

Otama Beach Coromandel Peninsula NZ

Otama is a beach on the Coromandel Peninsula.  As you can see it is a lovely ocean beach in a reasonably isolated location (about a 2 and ½ hour drive from Auckland).  There are never crowds on the beach. 

Otama Beach is the beach just at the top of the red square around the Whitianga area

There is no hotel type accommodation but people do rent out their baches (summer homes) and that is the best way to go.

The best months for visiting are between November and April.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have become so familiar with NZ because the company I work for are full blood Kiwi's! I am also becoming fluent in pronouncing my Maori words! I design sports apparel for Colleges in and around Tauranga (where the KO headquarters is located). I hope to visit The Bay of Plenty someday soon so I can meet my fellow designer and assistant Kathy in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carole, where in NZ are you based?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers