Thursday 11 April 2013

Marian Keyes


Marian Keyes - author


There is a new Marian Keyes' novel out -   The Mystery of Mercy Close  - which I will read when I get to it.  I enjoyed her earlier books like Rachel's Holiday, Last Chance Saloon, Sushi for Beginners and Watermelon.

I like the fact that she mixes together some serious issues with a lot of fun and humour.  It might be called Chick Lit but it is good chick lit – up there with the very best.

Watermelon was her first book.  It was published in 1995.  Marian looks like the sort of person you would like to know.  She certainly hasn't had a charmed life – having suffered herself with addiction and depression – which makes her books even more remarkable.


Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Marian Keyes. Her books are so funny and well written. I'm not a chick-lit lover, but, as you say, her books are far superior to normal chick lit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marian Keyes is one of my favourite authors too - I am most likely travelling next week so will have to pick up a copy of her latest for the plane.

    Hope you are having a lovely week.\

    Kate x
    Kate at Home

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think depression and creativity go hand in hand, especially for writers and artists.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers