Saturday 9 March 2013

Lettuce Cup Salads


Lettuce Cup Salad by Carole of Carole's Chatter


This Lettuce Cup Salad is not so much a recipe as an idea.  Instead of mixing your lettuce (this one is good old Iceberg) in with the salad, you just take a leaf and make it the container for the rest of the salad.  In this case I popped it in a bowl but you could just as easily put it onto a plate and pop the rest of the salad in it.

The other ingredients in this salad were:

Red onion
Tomato
Cucumber
Yellow capsicum (bell pepper)
Spring onion (green onion)

The dressing was a mix of some red pepper relish, Paul Newman's Classic Salad Dressing and salt and pepper.


Pin It

13 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Might get the kids to take the salad plunge and add
    their choice of toppings. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, as it looks like a little face!! could easily get the kids to eat this

    Natasha @ www.serenityyou.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I am a great salad lover! Yesterday Amber brought in Greek salads for our lunch. I had made a 'Suddenly Salad' so I left it in the fridge. For lunch today I added the pasta salad to what was left from yesterday's lunch and WELLA!!! A 'fresh' meal!
    You just can't go wrong with a good salad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My kind of food, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love salads, and that looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea - and at the end you can pick up the leaf, fold it and stuff the last of the goodness in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't that pretty! I'd love to serve that salad to guests.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun idea, Carole! Thank you for linking this week.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers