Monday 28 January 2013

Schubert



Schubert is one of my 3 main men – in terms of classical music – Bach, Brahms and Schubert! All three of these guys spoke German but Schubert was an Austrian born in Vienna He was one of 13 children, of whom only 5 survived – the infant mortality rates were so high back then in the 18th century.

It is amazing how much great music Schubert produced considering he was only 31 when he died.

He wrote some lovely songs, or Lieder. He wrote over 600 Lieder in total. Now, if only I could sing….


My favourite Schubert Work is his Piano Sonata in E flat Major – although I never mastered playing it!

His work didn't become famous until many years after his death.
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the Sonata in E flat Major. But I have to say, I'm a Chopin fan through and through!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy Schubert also as well as Beethoven. Thanks for the follow and am enjoying looking around your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - I'm this week's Mixologist following you from the #MTMMixer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy Schubert! Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I'm happy to follow back :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers