Tuesday 1 January 2013

Lamb Stew




For my lamb stew I used lamb shoulder chops.  They are inexpensive and produce a great result in stews.  You can also use neck chops.

I just put them into a casserole dish together with a roughly chopped ½ red onion and a carrot.  I added tomato paste, red wine, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce, a sprinkle of chilli flakes, a hint of dried rosemary and for some thickening ½ a packet of gravy mix.

This is so simple – you just pop it in the oven at a low temperature and cook it away for at least 3 hours – you could also do it in a slow cooker.


I served the lamb stew with a melange of bok choy and zucchini.  I lightly cooked the sliced bok choy stalks and the zucchini slices in a separate oven dish (uncovered) for about 10 minutes and added the bok choy leaves for the last 5 minutes.


Pin It

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers