Thursday 18 October 2012

Fish curry (terakihi)




Today's post is about a little fish curry I did using a white fish – terakihi.

First I fried off some onion and chilli in vegetable oil.  I don't use olive oil for Asian flavoured food but use a neutral vegetable oil like canola.

Then I added a pod of my yellow curry paste

Finally just a little can of coconut milk and then after seasoning all this you are ready to go.  The seasoning I used were classic Thai – fish sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup (should have been palm sugar but worked fine).  And right at the end a little lemon juice – lime would have been better but beggars can't be choosers!  Limes are so expensive and they don't seem to keep well.



I cut the fish up into smaller sized pieces as you can see and popped them in the pan (For once I remembered to put the presentation side down first but I usually forget).  The only took 6 minutes in total turning only once at about the 4 minute mark.

So you need to have your rice or noodles well timed because you can't keep fish sitting around because it keeps on cooking even off the heat and you will not get as nice a result.

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Looks tasty!! I love curry - I'll have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really delicious! I am the only one here that likes curry and I love fish, so I need to mark this for when hubby is traveling for work. The flavors sound wonderful together,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love fish curry, it was one of the first things my partner cooked for me and I was blown away by how tasty it was and how the fish stayed together. Hes a much better cook than I am! Yours looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I freeze my limes when they are cheap or use organic lime essential oil :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks really good - I love fish curry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks so comforting!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Hope to see you there again this week with more deliciousness :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure if this is the right place to be, Carol, but here is my link to a Thai Style hummus: http://fatfreevegan.com/slowmiracle/2014/08/06/tasty-thai-style-hummus/

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com/2014/10/poh-pia-pod-baked-thai-spring-rolls-my.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com/2014/06/thai-jungle-curry-kaeng-pa.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://realhomecookedfood.blogspot.com/2013/01/panang-curry-with-tofu-and-vegetables.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers