Tuesday 28 August 2012

Chicken and noodles: Quick Dinner for One




I often skimp on the cooking if I am eating on my own but this time I needed to use up a chicken thigh I had in the fridge.  So I made a Quick Dinner For One using chicken and noodles.

This was prepared all in the time needed to boil water for some egg noodles and cook them.

I chopped up the chicken thighs into bite sized pieces and fried them in a little vegetable oil to which I added 2-4 drops of sesame oil.  Yes, you read that right – drops – sesame oil is very strong and a very small amount will go a long way.

I added a ¼ of a chopped red onion, a sliced radish, some cubes of pumpkin (which I pre-cooked in the microwave) and half of a red chilli. Season it with salt and pepper and have some chopped parsley on hand for garnish.  Squeeze a little lemon juice in for brightness of flavour.

Drain your noodles, take them off the heat and stir through one beaten egg.  It will gently cook.  If you try to do this on the heat the egg will scramble – it will still taste ok but won't have a silky smooth texture.

Add your chicken mixture to the noodles and serve in a bowl with the parsley garnish.  Simple and scrumptious.



3 comments:

  1. I love one-bowl meals! And you've been quite creative with yours. So many people get take-aways or frozen pizzas, but you prove that it can be so easy (and fast) to make a tasty and healthy meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds simple and tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a lot of lonely night, since my hubby is in the army, so I love single dishes :)
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza! Come by today to vote and sign up for my Giveaway :)
    http://www.hungrylittlegirl.com/1/post/2012/11/wednesday-extravaganza-5-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers