Monday 23 July 2012

Lamb ragout


Lamb Ragout


I cooked this lamb ragout for a long time in a low heated oven.  You could slow cooker it – I don't own one.

So everything went into my casserole dish as follows:

Lamb shoulder chops
Onions
Grated ginger
Red chilli
Leek
Carrot
Potato
Garlic
Worcestershire Sauce
Pinch of dried tarragon
Chicken stock concentrate
Can of chopped Italian tomatoes (mine were flavoured with chilli and garlic)
Spring vegetable dried soup packet (could be onion or mushroom or even tomato)
Tomato paste
Raisins
Salt and pepper

I haven't put many quantities in because it doesn't really matter – just don't overdo the tarragon.

This was cooked for 3 hours at 150ÂșC (which is about 300 in Fahrenheit).  I threw in some frozen peas in the last 5 minutes to add a nice touch of colour and flavour.



8 comments:

  1. I bet my husband would love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recipes like this that can just be thrown together. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this looks good! I don't slow cook many dishes but my husband is a huge fan of recipes like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for checking out my cookies! This looks super easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the best dinners; great flavours and slow cooking. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delish, Carole! I love one-dish meals! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole, Recently I have been ordering Lamb at restaurants. I never knew that it would be so good. It it truly delicious. This recipe looks fabulous. I am excited to try it.

    Thanks again,

    Jeff
    www.hometownslop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers