Tuesday 24 July 2012

Chicken leftovers pizza


Chicken leftovers pizza


I had some leftover roast chicken and some leftover homemade pizza sauce.  So it seemed like fate was calling me to make a pizza



I used flat bread for the pizza base.  Sometimes I use pita or Lebanese bread.  I find it crisps up better than bought pizza bases and am not confident enough to make my own pizza dough – although I now have some super recipes thanks to Food on Friday: Pizza.  

Chicken leftovers pizza ingredients


So I cranked my oven up real high with my baking sheet in it.  When it was almost at temperature, I got out the frozen flat bread and brushed one side with olive oil and turned it over onto baking paper.



I then smeared it generously with my pizza sauce.  I sprinkled a mixture of grated Egmont cheese and parmesan onto it. (Egmont is a specialty type of Colby).

Pizza just before going in to oven


On top I put the chunks of leftover chicken white meat, some chopped capsicum (bell pepper) and a good season with salt and pepper.

Pizza just out of the oven
Fifteen minutes in the oven or until bubbling and golden. I then finished off the pizza with a bit of chopped dill and coriander leaves (cilantro) and drizzled a few drops of sweet chilli sauce on – which as you can see I forgot to do until after the pizza had been cut. Yum.

Chicken leftover pizza


18 comments:

  1. Oh Carole! YUM!! This pizza looks superb! Thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum there is nothing better than home made pizza. I havent actually tried to make chicken pizza myself yet, definately on the wish list now, yours looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious...thanks for adding me to your sidebar.....Lisa any gluten/dairy free recipes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! This looks A-MAZING! I can't wait to give it a try :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I love flatbread and chicken, so I will definitely be making this next time we have pizza. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good! I'll have to try it out next time I have leftover roast chicken too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carole! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-) This pizza looks fantastic!! Nice to 'meet' another kiwi blogger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pizza looks delicious Carole! What a wonderful way to use up leftover chicken. Thanks for sharing the fab idea.
    Have a great week as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. tasty way to use up those leftovers now this is a recipe that would please even the pickiest of eaters

    come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2012/07/frozen-desserts-perfect-to-share-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks delicious.... :)

    ManjuzKitchen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of using flat bread. I have used Focaccia bread and it is fantastic. The flat bread would work as a crispy crust. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Carole thanks for the blog follow! This pizza is making my mouth water :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks so delicious, great idea to use leftover chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting us, you have a lovely space too. Will definitely check out your Friday specials.

    Aparna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carole,
    This is a great recipe and one that I will try very soon! Hope you are having a great week end and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carole, this looks good. Pizza is good with almost anything. Thank you for sharing. Happy Thanksgiving.

    We may have met by chance...but we become friends by choice.
    http://simpleesue.com/try-one-new-recipe-a-week-german-apple-puff-pancake

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Carole,

    This looks SO fantastic! What a great way to use up leftovers! I found you through Melt in Your Mouth Monday, and I'm your newest follower - loving the plethora of food ideas! Come by and visit if you're interested - http://mindofthemother.blogspot.com/

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great looking pizza! Thanks so much for sharing at the Foodie Friends Friday link party this week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers