Thursday 26 July 2012

Anita Shreve– the pilot’s wife




I enjoyed the Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve.  When preparing to write about it, I checked it out on Amazon and Goodreads and was amazed at how mixed the reviews were.  I thought the book explored how we don't really know the people closest to us in the context of a plot that was full of twists and turns.

I am not going to tell you anything about the plot because I think it is best to come to the book without any expectations.  And as for the reviews that complained that the plot was not "realistic" enough – hello?  It's fiction.

Anita Shreve is a very good writer.  A warning  - you might not be able to put this book down once you have started it.



3 comments:

  1. I'm looking for a new book to read...thanks for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, I'm always looking for new books to add to my list. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers