Monday 30 July 2012

Leftover chicken soup

Chicken soup


Sometimes I use the carcass of a roasted chicken as the basis for making chicken soup.  But this time, I just used white meat leftovers and made a simple thin chicken broth.

I made quite a potful and was able to freeze several portions as a good base for quick lunches.

So the ingredients I used were:

Chicken meat – cut up

Chicken stock (a concentrate jelly plus water)

A cubed potato

Some leftover pizza sauce (see here for how I made that)

Sliced onion Рjust chucked in (not saut̩ed off first, just being lazy)

Salt (not much because of the stock) and pepper

Simmer all of it until the potato is just tender.  Garnish when served with dill (or other green herb).  And that's it – so simple, it hardly counts as a recipe at all.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Yet another delicious recipe Carole..I love each and every recipe post of yours..especially chicken, coz it is the only meat I consume. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers