Sunday 24 June 2012

Mt Soho venue and winery - Arrowtown





I was lucky enough to go to a fancy conference dinner at the Mt Soho Winery in Arrowtown.  The venue is adjacent to the Michael Hill golf course.  I didn't even know it was there.

The venue was stunning.  A lovely courtyeard for pre-dinner drinks.  And the dinner itself was a fully served affair in a very large room with 2 long narrow tables.  It shouldn't have worked as a seat plan but in fact added to the convivial atmosphere.  I imagine that they have spectacular weddings there.

In another wing of the building was a large ballroom with a dj.  So all tastes were catered for.

I can't speak for their wines.  In fact I am not generally a fan of Central Otago wines (blame this on not being a red wine girl).  But I believe their pinot noir is supposed to be good.


1 comment:

  1. Looks beautiful! Would love to go and have a proper stay, and taste their wine. I am partial to a little bit of Central Otago red - wonderful deep flavours. Yum, yum, yum. x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers