Saturday 16 June 2012

Egg salad sandwich filling




I made up this egg salad sandwich filling (sorry about the lack of photo styling!)

It made a yummy sandwich when combined with a couple of thin slices of ham.

I just combined all this stuff:

Chopped hard boiled eggs ( for my method seeHow to boil an egg)
Chopped spring onion or scallion
Teaspoon of curry powder (less or more to your taste)
Cayenne pepper – just a pinch – it's strong stuff!
Softened butter – a teaspoon or so
Mayonnaise – as little as you can while achieving a nice consistency.  Mayo is just so delicious – but not terribly good for you.

I made more than we needed so kept it in the fridge– and it was just as good the next day.

For another recipe, click here

6 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful. I love a little curry and butter in my egg salad. I also do that with my stuffed eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the curry is the secret to this! It does something no other spice can do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love egg salad but have never added curry. Yummm. Must try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ihaven't tried adding the curry powder, but it sounds like a good addition. I think that my favourite part is after the sandwich is made and I use my finger to clean the rest of the filling from the dish, and then lick my finger clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love egg salad too and have never put curry in it; I'm going to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great recipe! I found your blog through the "Melt in Your Mouth" bloghop. I've never made egg salad before (though it is my favorite in a tray of finger sandwiches). How many eggs do you use to the portion of ingredients listed above?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers