Sunday 20 May 2012

Things that go well with Beef




As a result of some of your lovely comments about my made up recipes, I realised that one of the most helpful things in my cooking was to be able to refer to Stephanie Alexander's The Cooks Companion.


It is organised by ingredient and includes a list of what goes well with that ingredient.  I will do this from now on for each Food on Friday ingredient in the post itself.  But I need to catch up on the ingredients we have already done.  I will link them in to the Food on Friday post.


So this is what goes well with beef:
bacon 
bone marrow 
brandy 
brussels sprouts 
cardamom 
carrots 
celery 
chillies 
cinnamon 
cumin 
eggplants (aubergines) 
fish sauce 
garlic
ginger 
green peppercorns 
horseradish 
kidneys 
leeks 
mushrooms 
mustard 
onions 
oyster sauce 
paprika 
parsley 
parsnips 
pepper 
pickled cucumbers
port 
potatoes 
pumpkins 
red wine 
shallots 
sour cream 
soy sauce 
spinach 
sweet peppers (capsicum, bell peppers) 
tomatoes 
walnuts 
yoghurt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers