Tuesday 29 May 2012

Anti bucket list – things I don’t want to do this year – or ever




I saw this book cover and thought to myself – that would be an interesting thing to think about – so here is my “anti-bucket list” – a list of things I don’t want to do – despite many of them apparently being popular items on other people’s bucket lists.

I haven’t come up with 65 like the book.  And I have probably missed out a whole lot of things!  What would be on your anti-bucket list?

Bungee jumping off the Sky Tower – or anywhere – too scared and it is bad for your eyeballs.

Paraponting – too scared

Sky diving – ditto

Hot Air Ballooning – there have been some bad ballooning accidents.

Skiing – I’m sure it’s fabulous on a great day – but I don’t really like being cold, wet or out of control.

White or Black Water Rafting – for obvious reasons

Play golf – I know, good exercise and all that, but it takes so long…

Backpacking – much too old for that!

Camping – ditto

Eating oysters – slimy little devils – particularly don’t drink oyster shots

Volunteer for laser eye surgery – too much of a wuss – the glasses are here to stay

Study a course that involves exams – been there, done that, got the t-shirt

Climb Mount Everest or any mountain that you can’t just stroll up – too unfit and just not interested

Finish reading a book that I am not enjoying – actually I still do this – but shouldn’t.  It is just stubbornness at work when I do this.

Watch a horror movie  - life can be scary enough as it is.

Volunteer for cosmetic surgery – duh!

Get a tattoo – yeah I know they are trendy – but choosing to mark your skin permanently??

Riding a motorcycle – got that one out of my system many years ago.

Looking back I see some of the things on this list are activities which would involve a lack of ability to control the outcome.  So who is an incipient control freak, then?  Actually, I don’t think I am.  I am just someone who gets her excitement not from adrenalin rushes but from the quirks of normal life.


1 comment:

  1. I would have to concur with all of those things! Can I add going to Glastonbury or some other muddy festival with the chattering classes thinking they still rock! Go home and put the kettle on x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers