Tuesday 17 April 2012

Sosumi Sushi Train in old GPO Martin Place Sydney




Sosumi Sushi Train seen from entry level of GPO Martin Place
This was an unknown and unexpected delight on our recent visit to Sydney.  It was in an upmarket food court type area under the old GPO (Post Office) in Martin Place.  We just happened on it when we wanted a quick lunch. 

The sushi train was very well stocked with a nice array of sushi and sashimi.  But then along came the tempura prawns – wow – unbelievably good.  It was very busy and we were glad we went at midday because by half past you would have had to wait for a place on the train or take a table and order from the menu or lean over people to snaffle what you wanted from the sushi train.

Tempura Prawns from Sosumi 

We went back for an early dinner and ordered off the menu – tempura prawns, scallops and a chicken teriyaki.  Yum, yum (maybe the teriyaki was a bit salty).  And relatively inexpensive.  A find!




6 comments:

  1. They look fab-u-lous I love, love prawns!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mhmmmmmmm. I LOVE Sushi! Just looking at that prawn is making my belly rumble away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been craving sushi lately and a sushi train seems like just what the doctor ordered! Thanks for stopping by Runaway Thrift! I thought that cartoon you left me was funny! I just wrote a paper on the bottled water industry too, I am pro chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great comment. I get all hungry just looking at that photo of that prawn...

      Delete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers