Sunday 25 March 2012

A Natural Woman – Aretha Franklin



A Natural Woman was written by Carole King with Gerry Goffin specially for Aretha Franklin.  It dates from 1968.  By the time Aretha did this song, she was already the acknowledged Queen of Soul.  Many artists have done versions of this song but only Aretha and Carole King herself have done it real justice.  The lyrics are superb:

Looking out on the morning rain
I used to feel so uninspired
And when I knew I had to face another day
Lord it made me feel so tired
Before the day I met you
Life was so unkind
But you're the key to my peace of mind

Chorus:
Cause you make me feel
You make me feel
You make me feel like a natural woman



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers