Thursday 15 March 2012

Lee Child




Now, I don’t usually go for thrillers.  I bought one of Child’s for my better half when we went away and then read it myself when he had finished it.  I found myself reading it quickly and being interested in the main character Jack Reacher (a sort of human “superhero” type).  Actually, that doesn’t do the character any justice.

There were a couple of places in the book where it was a bit gruesome for me – at least with a book you can skip over those quickly – not like in the movies where even if you don’t look, you can’t help hearing.

I have now read quite a few of them and have some others stacked up on the Kindle to read when I am in the mood.  I don’t read them if I am on my own at night – or late at night but they are enjoyable to read every now and again.  You don’t have to read the books in any order.  The first one was Killing Floor.  The latest is “The Affair” which is actually a sort of prequel that explains how Reacher came to be a drifter.  Currently there are 16 Jack Reacher books.  The first one is now being made into a movie with Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher – which is hilarious casting given Reacher is 6foot5 in the novels!

Lee Child is a pen name – the author’s real name is Jim Grant.  The interesting thing is that he is British despite all of the novels feeling quite authentically set in the US.



3 comments:

  1. I love Lee Child's character Jack Reacher. I've read them all and anxiously await the next in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like it so much,, we have the same thoughts,, maybe.. hek

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to share your comment with me.

      Delete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers