Saturday 25 February 2012

Places in NZ I would like to visit Part III: The Routeburn Track

The Routeburn Track

Routeburn Track
I’m not much of a walker as a rule.  But so many people have told me how great this is that I must wind myself up to do it sometime. 

I’m told it is even better than the Milford Track although I suspect you can do the Milford in more luxury style.

The Routeburn takes between 2 and 4 days over 32 kilometres.  I think there is also a day hike option but am not sure how good it is.  There is no mobile phone coverage so they recommend that you take a personal locater beacon.

I would be really interested in any comments from readers out there as to the best way for this to be done by a moderately unfit female!  Or would I be better to do the Milford?



4 comments:

  1. Hi Carole with an E. It's nice to meet you. I wish I could advise you on this adventure. I don't know either but I wish you luck.

    x
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. this certainly looks like a most scenic walk!

    I wasn't able to open the link you included "sorry the pages you were looking for in Caroles Chatter does not exist" came up :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that - not sure why that is Thanks for taking the time to comment

      Delete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers