Sunday 1 January 2012

Comfortably Numb – Pink Floyd


Off the album, the Wall.  The group was facing bankruptcy and desperately needed a hit. 

Roger Waters who was going through an unstable time said that there was something macabre about the relationship between the band and its audience.  The band plays so loud it is damaging and the audience fights it out to sit so close so they can be damaged. 


C'mon it's time to go
There is no pain you are receding,
A distant ships smoke on the horizon,
You are only coming through in waves,
Your lips move, but I can't hear what your saying,
When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye,
I turned to look, but it was gone,
I can not put my finger on it now,
The child is grown, the dream is gone,
and I have become comfortably numb.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers