Wednesday 25 April 2012

MOMA – New York

MOMA in New York is my second most favourite gallery – second to the Musée d’Orsay.  MOMA stands for the Museum of Modern Art

It houses over 150,000 artworks – so it is clearly impossible to take it all in.  There are some massive Monet Water Lilies – which have to be seen in person – you just don’t get the same impression in a small reproduction.  Some of the other most striking art from my point of view is:


Joan Miro - Hirondelle Amour

Picasso - Girl Before a Mirror

Matisse - La Danse

Van Gogh - Starry Night



Jasper Johns - Flag

Kandinsky - Painting No 200

Paul Klee - Two Tents

Mondrian - A Composition


It also has a great store where you can buy a huge range of prints and modernistic gadgets like a super iPad stand.  They do have an online site although it seemed a bit unstable when I tried it recently.




3 comments:

  1. This museum is on my bucket list...hope to get there one day soon! Have a lovely day, Carole~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love MOMA! It's been ages since I've been there. I'd love to go again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers