Tuesday 10 September 2019

Butter Chicken (Low FODMAP)


Carole's Chatter: Butter Chicken (Low FODMAP)


I based this Butter Chicken dish on a recipe on Fodmap Fun (thanks!).  But I did make some changes – as you know I can't help myself.

Rather than marinading the chicken overnight I only had 45 minutes.

The marinade was made up of: 

Salt and pepper
Chili powder
Turmeric
Cumin and coriander seeds crushed in the mortar and pestle
Cinnamon
Olive oil
Lemon juice 

I also didn't cook the chicken and the sauce separately.  I just browned the chicken a bit in olive oil  and then added the sauce ingredients below and once the chicken is cooked you're good to go. 

Sauce ingredients

2 tins of chopped tomatoes
Small tin of coconut milk
6 cardamom pods – lightly bashed
Knob of ginger, grated
1 green chilli – chopped finely 

If I had had some fresh coriander I would have added that too. 

I served this with rice.  It actually did taste a bit like butter chicken even though no cream or butter is in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers