Wednesday 7 August 2019

Books You Loved: August Edition





Books You Loved: July continued to provide reviews of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

The Summer Cottage by Viola Shipman was reviewed by Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews.  She said 'If you need a positive, uplifting read, THE SUMMER COTTAGE should be your next read. 

It is a huge, emotional hug....LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this book. 5/5."

Elizabeth also brought us The Neighborhood by Erina Bridget Ring.  The review said 'If you need a delightful, entertaining, well-written, hilarious book, THE NEIGHBORHOOD will be a terrific addition to your reading stack.'

Jane Austen At Home was reviewed by Jessica of The Bookworm Chronicles. She said 'All in all I thought Jane Austen at Home was a fascinating look into one of my favourite author’s life, through the places and spaces that mattered to her; and all done in Worsley’s marvellously enthusiastic style.'

Happiness by Heather Harpham was brought over by Elizabeth from Books I Think You Should Read.  The review said 'I really liked this book a lot. It reads like a great story, and then remembering it’s all based on real lives makes it that much more touching. I’d give this memoir 4.5 out of 5 stars.'

Now on to the August edition.  There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky now also makes you tick a box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  It also has links from previous Augusts…


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link back to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some based on fairy tales, all a bit haunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some good choices there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great books mentioned, and thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the mention, Carole :-) Sadly, I don't think I will be able to link anything in this month, as I have been away on holiday and I am pretty far behind on my reviews. Should be back next month with lots to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished The family Upstairs and I liked it. Linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put this on the list of my favourite books ever. This year's Pulitzer Prize winner, much much better than the one from last yer.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers