Wednesday 10 July 2019

Rosalie Lightning by Tom Hart




This is a graphic memoir covering a very difficult period in the illustrator/writers life – the death at just under 2 years old of their much loved daughter Rosalie Lightning.


So you won't find this an easy read.  It is a searing honest (seems to be anyway) look into the feelings of parents following a tragic loss.  They obsess over whether they should have picked up signs and then sink into virtual holes of despair.  They attend a grief workshop.


One of the many things that struck a chord with me was the way they kept on stumbling over people who had also experienced loss of a young child.  I know that phenomenon.

This book is touching emotional and real.

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Fall & Rise, The Story of 9/11...think I need a break from 'sad' 'touching' stories...but I'll put this one on my list! THanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you mean you know the experience of losing a young child, my heart goes out to you. Interesting that he used the graphic novel form.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers