Saturday 13 July 2019

Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks



Nicholas Sparks is popular for a reason – he writes very good stories.  This one is a bit unusual in that the author inserts himself as part of the story at the beginning and end of the book.

It is a story about a couple meeting, falling in love and separating after a week for reasons I can't explain.

Nearly 30 years later they reconnect.  But life throws them another spanner.

It's not sad in the normal sense.  Yes it deals with sad things but also with hope and steadfastness and survival.

It is easy to criticise an author who sticks fairly closely to a formula – but there is a reason for that – it works!

4 comments:

  1. He is sOOOOOOOOO good at writing emotional pieces. I need to read more by him

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it. I do agree with your last statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this his newest one? I'd like to read it. I did read recently that he works for a super Christian school and is anti-LGBT, though, which was disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got this book today in audio and will start it tomorrow. I love his books and the movies based on them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers