Wednesday 5 September 2018

Books You Loved: September Edition




Books You Loved: August continued to provide reviews of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

Words and Peace posted about Smoking Kills - I loved this one too and posted about it here.  The post summed the book up by saying 'Quirky story, as the French know how to do, with a good dose of dark comedy, by a skilled and entertaining writer.'

Turtles All The Way Down by John Green was brought over by Captivated Reader.  She said ' I'm once again amazed by John Green's writing. I am glad that I read Turtles All The Way Down. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters for this tightly written novel, which features a leading female character named, Aza, who has OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder). '

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews posted about The Subway Girls – she said 'THE SUBWAY GIRLS has everything historical fiction and women's fiction fans will love.  …

The book goes back and forth from the 1940’s to 2018.  The story line connects smoothly with each era and has genuine, lovable, and relatable characters.

It is truly a book to savor and enjoy.  5/5'

Tracey of Carpe Librum brought us The Peacock Summer by Hannah Richell – she said 'The Peacock Summer is definitely for fans of Kate Morton and those who enjoy historical fiction. Highly recommended. I'm just sad it's over.'

Now on to the September(!) collection.  Remember the posts you link in don't have to be recent and the book concerned doesn't have to have been recently published or read.  The only requirement is that it is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  As a bonus the books reviewed last September are also on that board.


20 comments:

  1. Thank you once again for highlighting one of my book reviews from last month in your Books You Loved: September Edition. Happy reading to you this month, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the opportunity to share about good books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Carole.

    I always look forward to your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've given you links to three remarkable first novels that I read in August. I hope these books will find an audience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the mention, I hope more readers discover The Peacock Summer by Hannah Richell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always appreciate this gathering! Thanks for the welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Carole, this month I have linked in the fantastical Sourcery by Terry Pratchett and the swashbuckling classic Sandokan, The Pirates of Malaysia by Emilio Salgari.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NYXIA UNLEASED is the second book in the Sci Fi series Nyxia by Scott Reintgen. Lots of action and diverse characters. Hubby and both liked this one very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many incredible reads this month Carole, I always love looking through everyone's recommendations to find a new, undiscovered read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't sure if I submitted Women of the Dunes before??
    I brought you a Kate Morton book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just brought you The Dream Daughter, loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a difficult month for me, I just had to choose two books that were both so perfect in their own way.

    Thanks again for the great opportunity you give us here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers