Wednesday 9 March 2016

The Nutmeg Tree by Margery Sharp



Until recently I had never heard of Margery Sharp or her book, The Nutmeg Tree.  But I'm so glad I stumbled across her and her writing.

The author wrote this book in 1937.  From almost the first word you are grabbed by the heroine of the novel, Julia Packett – and thoroughly entertained and engaged by her.

Julia is kind-hearted, impetuous, and perhaps no better than she ought to be.  A charming book that I heartily recommend to you.

The author wrote 26 novels for adults – and this one was the most well-known.  Unfortunately she is no longer with us.  I enjoyed the large print version which was the only one available from the library.

4 comments:

  1. I will note down this title, I haven't read anything by Margery Sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it's stood the test of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole, it sounds good and my library in my new hometown has lots of older books I hope they have this one or another by Her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the sound of this one.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers