Wednesday 26 August 2015

Displacement: A Travelogue by Lucy Knisley


Displacement: A Travelogue by Lucy Knisley is, I think, the 4th book by this author that I have read.  This graphic memoir is about a cruise Knisley went on with her grandparents in their 90's.  It is a quick engaging read.  There are 2 parallel story lines which wasn't my favourite.  But the basic story manages to look at the issue of old age without being either too sentimental or too depressing.

She does deal with a number of occasions when bystanders were less than sympathetic to the problems afflicting her grandparents.  That does make you think.

Thanks to the great blog Beth Fish Reads for alerting me to this book.

Other Lucy Knisley books I have posted about are – Relish and An Age of License

2 comments:

  1. By "graphic memoir" do you mean it's a graphic novel (illustrated) or it's R-rated? :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers