Wednesday 15 January 2014

Salt & Pepper Tofu – a simple success!

Salt & Pepper Tofu by Carole's Chatter


I had never used tofu before so this was a real experiment.  But it turned out to be easy to do a Salt & Pepper Tofu – and best of all it was scoffed up in no time.

I used firm tofu for this dish.  Before cutting the tofu into cubes I pressed it between plates and paper towels for half an hour to get some of the moisture out.

After patting it dry I then cut it into cubes.

I dredged the cubs in a mixture of cornflour (cornstarch), salt and ground white pepper.

Then the cubes were simply shallow fried in vegetable oil until golden and a wee bit crunchy.
Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Yum!
    Yay thanks for doing a vegetarian dish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So easy and so delicious! I'm going to have to try this at home. I always order fried tofu, but have never made it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always order it too - but how easy it would be to make it myself, I see now!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers