Wednesday 9 May 2012

Watership Down - life through the eyes of bunnies




The author of Watership Down, Richard Adams was born on this day in 1920.

I just loved this book – one unfortunate side effect is that I still can’t bring myself to eat rabbit!  Once read, you feel you have some insight into the world of rabbits.  Of course, you don’t really because the book created a fantasy world in a bucolic setting.

I did see the film – but like so often is the case – the book was much better in my opinion.




6 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I simply love this book. I didn't want to read it at first until it was mentioned on 'LOST' and that was the pushing point for me. I should read this again,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great book! I've been reading it for the first time...Thanks for mentioning that the author was born on this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I still need to read this book. I've heard great things about it from everyone and just haven't gotten the chance to read it yet. I'm glad you mentioned that the book is better than the film -- I'll hold off watching the film until I read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep - it's an oldie but definitely a goodie. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

      Delete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers