Sunday 26 July 2020

The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins



Ok, if you liked The Hunger Games I recommend that you read this one too.  It is a prequel taking place in the early years of The Hunger Games.  I'm not that into prequels but the 'hero?' of this one is Coriolanus Snow.  He becomes a mentor to a girl from one of the Districts and ends up entangled with her emotionally.

I felt the title was not particularly apt and the reference to snakes gratuitous.

The writing isn't as taut as in The Hunger Games – don't have too high expectations and you will find it readable.

2 comments:

  1. I found The Hunger Games before it became a best seller, and absolutely loved it. I found the two sequels not quite up to the first book. I didn't have great expectations about this prequel. I may give this one a pass. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for an honest review. I may pass on this one too.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers