Tuesday 5 May 2020

The Secrets We Kept by Lara Prescott




The Secrets We Kept was a gift from my younger sister – a great pick, thanks A!  This tells the story of how Doctor Zhivago (the book) came to be published.  A story I was completely unaware of before reading this book.

The writing is spare and elegant – very easy to read.  The font was also very readable (Bulmer).  The story is told through the eyes of two women who work for the CIA and the mistress of the author.  I sometimes find this approach a bit off putting but it really worked here.

Trust me, you'll want to read this one soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, interesting. I never knew about this one, either. And Doctor Zhivago is one of my favourite stories ever.

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers