Wednesday 1 April 2020

Books You Loved: April Edition




Books You Loved: March continued to provide reviews of great books. Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

Marianne of Let's Read brought over Book Love by Debbie Tung – 'The book is full of wonderful scenes, all of them straight out of my life. One of my favourites is "my kind of party" where four people sit in front of a bookshelf and all read a book….The illustrations are beautiful, and you have the feeling at the end of every page/comic: That's me!'

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews brought us The Light After The War by Anita Abriel.  She said
'If you need an uplifting book, THE LIGHT AFTER THE WAR will fit the bill. …A heartbreaking but truly lovely journey shared with Vera and Edith that will require tissues at times, but also a lot of happy times.  5/5'

Melissa of Chick Lit Central reviewed This is Not How It Ends by Rochelle B Weinstein. The review said 'I had a hard time putting this book down. I wanted to keep reading it even when I could be catching up on my shows or going online. …I just needed to be absorbed in the story. All I know is that I need to go back and read Rochelle B. Weinstein's other novels, now that I know what she is capable of!'

Lastly, a non-fiction book, Jackie as Editor by Greg Lawrence.  Captivated Reader said 'Jackie as Editor: The Literary Life of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis by Greg Lawrence is a really great read and gives readers a unique insight into the publishing world and a snapshot into one area of Jackie's life.'

Now on to the April edition.  There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky now also makes you tick a box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  It also has links from previous April's…

Hope you are all staying safe and reading lots!


13 comments:

  1. Somehow I don't seem to have extra time, but I do have plenty of to-be-read books on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the email. you're a bit early but i was ready LOL
    keep safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We go off daylight saving at the weekend and most of the rest of the world has gone to summertime - things will be back in synch next time

      Delete
  3. Posted mine. Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's purple - how can you be scared of him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My best to you and all your readers. Be safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this month's post.

    I haven't gotten around to putting my books on yet.

    Thanks for featuring a book I listed last month...glad you liked it.

    Hope you are safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I brought you a nonfiction but plan more links. If I can concentrate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carole, I reduced my blogging of reviews at the beginning of the year in an effort to get to more of my own writing. That worked until COVID19 hit-:) Anyway that is why I have not been participating here regularly. Glad to know you are well. I left a link today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Bill Bryson, whether he writes his funny travel stories or his highly informative science books, so I had to read his latest. He hasn't disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I'm glad you liked my book from last month. Thanks for mentioning it again.

      Delete
  10. I didn't have any five star reads in April, so I just linked to my March review of YA fantasy novel Inheritance by Christopher Paolini. It had been sitting on my shelves for 9 years and have more than 800 pages so I was relieved to get through it and ecstatic that it was a 5 star read.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers