Friday 28 February 2020

Mortal Engines by Philip Reeve




Mortal Engines was Number 5 on the UK BookTrust's list of books for 12-14 year old.  I had never heard of it before.  My better half thinks he remembers it as a movie.

The book was published in 2001 but remains relevant all these years later.  It is an inventive work which keeps you on the edge of your seat.  A cross between science fiction, future worlds and an adventure story.

This was a spectacular debut novel. There are unassuming heroes, and mad bad villains.  Lots of fun.  It isn't a happily ever after book but don't let that stop you.

I read some reviews which pontificated on it being a commentary on capitalism – I just thought it was capital fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers