Wednesday 29 January 2020

Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell




I enjoyed Talking to Strangers but wasn't sure at the end what the main message was meant to be.  I've read previous books by this author - David & Goliath, The Tipping Point

Talking to Strangers is about the difficulties in assessing other people's behaviours – are they telling the truth?  Are they hiding something?  He looks at some notorious crimes and police actions and asks why it went so wrong.

One thing I was surprised by is just how tethered to place various behaviours seem to be.

It is a quick read.  I'd be interested to know what you thought of it.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely want to read this book. I read several of his books and have found them well worth reading. Some people are skilled liars and can lie on the witness stand. I am always skeptical of accusations, many turn out to be false. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read "The Tipping Point and really liked it and the message in it, I haden't heard about this one, so it's good to know he has written another interesting book. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers