Wednesday 13 November 2019

The Hunger Games By Suzanne Collins



I got The Hunger Games from the library with no great expectations.  I haven't seen the TV series but there has been so much hype I thought I'd give it a try.

Well, what a surprise.  The edition I got was brand new so that was nice.  And the book…. Well it hooked me from the very start and held my rapt attention to the very end.  I have now ordered up the next book…

I thought the writing was crisp and dynamic.  The story is based on an interesting dystopian premise – sort of like today's reality shows.
If you haven't given this a go – do!  Some of the action is violent and gory – but the writing doesn't over egg that.  And the main character, Katniss, is just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers