Wednesday 28 August 2019

The Lives We Touch by Eva Woods




The Lives We Touch is the second Eva Woods book I've read.  It was a bit of a slow burner compared to Something Like Happy    I was over halfway in before it really grabbed me and then I had to keep reading to find out what happened.

Rosie is the main character – but for most of the book she is in a coma having been run over by a bus.  Why did she step in front of the bus??

Rosie is estranged from her family.  Gradually throughout the book we come to understand how things had got so bad in her life.

While in a coma Rosie finds herself going back to memories of past events and observing them.  This is the mechanism via which we find things out.

You'll laugh a lot and then you'll feel sad – so enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I read this but then realised it was a similar book. The things our subconscious brings to the fore!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers