Wednesday 22 May 2019

Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid




Now, as you know, I don't usually post about romances but I had to let you know about Neanderthal Seeks Human.  It is one out of the box.

The Neanderthal is the wonderful Janie Morris.  She is a quirky funny character.  Think a female version of Don from The Rosie Project and you might get close.  She's bright, full of trivial information and pretty clueless about people.  She is weird and endearing.

This is the first in the Knitting in the City series (don't worry there isn't much knitting).  I can't wait to see if the author can sustain the fun in the rest of the series.

This is a very funny book.  But be warned there is sex in it – it is necessary to the plot and not too gratuitous.

I enjoyed lots of things about this book – even the dedication:

'To my computer: I couldn't have written this without you

To the software developers responsible for spellcheck: You are my everyday heroes

To Karen: I hope this makes you laugh and makes you proud.

To my readers (all 3 of you): Thank you'

Ignore the downer reviews on Goodreads (and the dire cover) and give Janie a try.  You'll  love her.

1 comment:

  1. I am not put off by sex in a book. This sounds quirky and appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers