Wednesday 3 April 2019

Books You Loved: April Edition





Books You Loved: March continued to provide reviews of great books. This time there were over 60 links! Thank you to all. Here are a few that caught my eye:

Dorothy from The Nature of Things reviewed Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday.  She said 'I loved this book! I thought it was brilliantly written, the characters were engaging, and the pace of the plot kept me turning the pages and made it hard to put the book down and sorry to see it end.'

I Invited Her In by Adele Parks was brought over by Elizabeth from Silver's Reviews. The review said 'If you enjoy tension, a conniving main character, and secrets many characters are keeping, this book is for you. 5/5'


Tina of Novel Meals posted about The Huntress by Kate Quinn.  She said 'I enjoyed every story line, every perspective and can recommend this to anyone who enjoyed The Alice Network.  Once again Kate Quinn hits it out of the park.'

California Girls by Susan Mallery was reviewed by Melissa of Chick Lit Central.  Melissa said 'I had a great time reading it and didn't want it to end, even though I did want to know how things would turn out. I even got teary-eyed at one point.'

Now on to the April edition.  There are no rules for this party.  The only requirement is that your post is about a book that you loved.

To add to the list just pop the name of the book (and your name/blog name if you like) into the first Mr Linky box and then copy and paste the url of your post about it into the second box. Mr Linky now also makes you tick a box.

I'll be pinning your links to this Pinboard to make it easier for you to check them out at a glance.  It also has links from previous Aprils…


16 comments:

  1. Posted. Thanks for the shout out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This month I linked in Origin by Dan Brown, the latest Robert Langdon thriller, and Little Men by Louisa May Alcott, the lovely, easy-going sequel to the utterly charming Little Women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tx for the email link, had just put the page together this morning,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always appreciate the reminder email!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had month of mixed genres.

    I hope you enjoy I INVITED YOU IN.

    I shared this on my social media.

    Happy April Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one was a good mystery, I didn't figure it out ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorites this month were Saving Amelie and The Fashion Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just linked 'Daniel Deronda' by George Eliot. Not an easy read but worthwhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all of George Eliot's books. If you haven't read any others, definitely try "Middlemarch".

      Delete
  9. I read some really terrific books in March and I've given you links to four of them that I rated 5 stars. Interestingly, all four are about remarkable women. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved reading about WWII this month, I feel like there is always something new to learn

    ReplyDelete
  11. It took me a while to decide which book to mention but since I missed last month due to illness and too many other things going on, I just had to mention "The Clockmaker's Daughter". It's an interesting, unusual kind of book. I hope some of you will enjoy it, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked The Clockmaker's Daughter as Marianne mentioned. Just linked up with two books.
    Thanks for the shoutout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to see others like the same book. I have just commented on your listed novel "The Fragments". Sounds highly interesting. Thank you.

      Delete
  13. Harmony by Carolyn Parkhurst was a fascinating book about a special needs family.

    https://mommysarmyreader.blogspot.com/2019/04/harmony.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers