Sunday 3 March 2019

Avocado & Pineapple Salad


Carole's Chatter: Avocado & Pineapple Salad


The combination of avocado and pineapple worked so much better than I expected.  Next time I'll probably just use canned pineapple rather than faffing around with a whole one.

Ingredients:

Ripe pineapple
Avocado
Lemon Juice
Mayo
Cream
Ground Ginger
Cayenne Pepper
Paprika

Method:

Cut off the top of the pineapple.  Hollow it out with a sharp knife and try to cut into chunks.  My pineapple was a bit small to be able to do this easily.

Drain your pieces of pineapple – don't waste the juice – drink it!

Cube your avocado and squeeze lemon juice on it so it doesn't discolour.  I have now taken to digging the pip out with a spoon rather than stabbing it with a knife – I read that people doing that injured themselves all the time.

Add your avocado to the pineapple and stir in enough mayonnaise loosened with a little cream to have a nice consistency.  Stir through the spices.  I used only 2 teaspoons of ginger, a pinch of cayenne and ½ teaspoon of paprika.  It's not meant to end up spicy just smoothly melded together.

I then put the mixture back into the pineapple – which looked fine for pictures but was really unnecessary – and I couldn't fit it all in anyway.

3 comments:

  1. The second avocado salad of the day! Now I have a definite craving. I known what you mean about fussing with hollowing out the pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s pretty. Bet it would look good if you halved the pineapple too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both avocado and pineapple so this is a Win! WIN!! Yes, I'll probably used canned or frozen pineapple and skip the presentation but yours looks really pretty! Where do you find these clever recipes? Never run of the mill kind of thing here on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers