Sunday 18 November 2018

Scrambled Eggs – Another Experiment

Carole's Chatter: Scrambled Eggs experiment


Eggs seem to be the gift that keeps on giving.  This experiment was with another technique for scrambled eggs.

It worked just fine but I felt it took a long time.  The upside was the soft texture of the eggs and no sticking to the dish they were in.

So the eggs were whisked together with a little splash of water for each one plus lots of ground white pepper and a little salt.

Carole's Chatter: Scrambled Eggs experiment

Put the eggs in their buttered glass bowl into a pan of water and then stir them.  You have to be patient – it seems to take forever for them to start coagulating – but once they start you have to keep a close eye on them.

Because I didn't know how long they would take I had difficulty timing the toast.

Would I do it again?  Maybe if I was serving a large crowd but not just for the two of us.

3 comments:

  1. I`ve never tried this method but it`s interesting and I agree, if i were making it for a crowd I would try it. Poached is my favorite way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree interesting method and glad it worked. Fluffy eggs can be tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting method. I'll have to try it. I love scrambled eggs on toast!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers