Wednesday 24 October 2018

House of Dreams by Liz Rosenberg – this one's for Anne of Green Gables fans




House of Dreams is a new biography of LM Montgomery – the Canadian author of Anne of Green Gables.  I found it not only informative but very well written.

I had no idea about the life challenges of this woman and now realise that her writing was an even greater achievement in the circumstances.

The cover and each chapter has lovely illustrations by Julie Morstad which added to my enjoyment of the book.

I found this book to be quite inspirational – I guess it may not have this effect on everyone – but here was a writer who wrote through terrible times – losses, illness and difficult relationships.  She lost her battle with life at the end but for most of her life she just kept on writing.

1 comment:

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers