Wednesday 11 October 2017

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn





The Alice Network is a tour de force – and that is the right language to use.  I don't usually go for split time lines but this book does it just beautifully.  It is a story about women spies in occupied France in WWI and the aftermath of WWII.

I'm not going to spoil it for you but I must insist that you read it.  There are some heart wrenching bits but there are also some funny bits.

At the end of the book, the author explains that quite a lot of the book is based on real history.  But the real and the fictional are blended so seamlessly.

4 comments:

  1. Kate Quinn is so good. I need to read more by her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed this one, I don't like the split time lines, usually, but this certainly worked. What an amazing woman "Alice" was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like narration in split time frames so this is definitely me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers