Wednesday 14 December 2016

The Boy is Back by Meg Cabot



I had to post about The Boy is Back .  I enjoyed this one despite some things I would normally not like.  This author is accomplished and inventive.  Some thoughts:

  • ·         The format of the book is non traditional.  It is entirely in text strings, emails and other devices.  As a result there is no point of view to speak of.  Initially I found it weird but then suddenly saw how this mirrors how lives are actually panning out for lots of people – living through their phones.
  • ·         There is a lot of humour in this book
  • ·         The plot lines are not completely unbelievable but still interesting. The fine line between eccentricity and senility.  How family dynamics play out.
·         Perfect for lifting your mood – light, fun, funny, romantic

This is the third time I've posted reviews of this author's works – Size 12 is not Fat and Royal Wedding

1 comment:

  1. Mmm it sounds good, but the structure and format would bug me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers