Tuesday 31 May 2016

Pork Steaks with a Mustard Dill Sauce Reprised

Carole's Chatter : Pork Steaks with a Mustard Dill Sauce


I am on a continual journey of experimentation as to how to cook pork so it is succulent.  This way worked very well.  Much better than most of my efforts.

I started with 2 pork steaks.  I bashed them with a heavy pestle to tenderise them.  (I put cling film over the steaks to keep the pestle clean)

I rubbed the steaks with oil, salt and white pepper.

I seared them in a hot pan – but only 2 minutes on each side.

Then I put them into a pre-heated dish in the oven at 150 degrees C (approx. 300 F) and covered them with foil and left them there for 20 minutes.

For the dill mustard sauce, I deglazed the fry pan with wine (you could use brandy or wine vinegar). Then I added Dijon mustard, lemon juice, crème fraiche and some fresh dill.

I served the pork with the sauce on a bed of noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers