Wednesday 13 April 2016

Hester & Harriet by Hilary Spiers



Here's another great book for you – Hester & Harriet by Hilary Spiers.  I do only post about books I can recommend – and to reassure you that I have some discrimination, I do read a lot of books that I don't post about!

Why did I enjoy this book?

·         The main protagonists are 2 aging sisters who live together after being widowed.  So nice not to have the normal young things as the main protagonist!
·         Their relationship feels authentic to me.  One of them snores!  I've never seen living with a snorer featured in a book!
·         Food features – so foodies will enjoy that
·         They lead normal boring lives and the event that brings a little drama into their lives is not over the top
·         Gently comedic with an understanding of the issues facing normal people
·         The setting is quintessentially English

I can't say too much more about this book without spoiling it for you.  I read it almost continuously because it was so engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers