Here's another great book for you – Hester & Harriet by Hilary Spiers. I do only post about books I can recommend – and to reassure you that I have some discrimination, I do read a lot of books that I don't post about!
Why did I enjoy this book?
· The main protagonists are 2 aging sisters who live together after being widowed. So nice not to have the normal young things as the main protagonist!
· Their relationship feels authentic to me. One of them snores! I've never seen living with a snorer featured in a book!
· Food features – so foodies will enjoy that
· They lead normal boring lives and the event that brings a little drama into their lives is not over the top
· Gently comedic with an understanding of the issues facing normal people
· The setting is quintessentially English