Tuesday 12 January 2016

Daikon & Cucumber Salad

Carole's Chatter: Daikon & Cucumber Salad


I have seen what I now know as Daikon in the greengrocer but have never used before.  For some reason I thought it was a sort of swede.  Actually, it's a radish used very extensively in Japanese dishes.


Carole's Chatter: Daikon

I found this simple recipe for a salad and gave it a go.  It was refreshing, crunchy and peppery.

What I used – 1/3 of a daikon, cucumber, fish sauce (you could just use salt), vinaigrette dressing plus a small amount of chopped red chilli for colour.

Just slice up the radish and cucumber however you like (next time I might do it in strips with a vegetable peeler).  Marinate it in the fridge for at least a couple of hours to let the flavour develop and meld.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers