Tuesday 4 November 2014

Stuffed Boneless Leg of Lamb

Stuffed Boneless Leg of Lamb by Carole's Chatter


So, as is often the case, I was inspired to do this dish by the meat being on special at the supermarket. The lamb leg had already been boned – lucky because I wouldn't have a clue how to do it myself!

The ingredients for the stuffing were:

Wasabi
Ginger
Cream cheese
Chili
Rosemary & mint
Ground coriander seeds
Sichuan pepper (ground)
Salt & pepper

Note – although the flavours were good most of the stuffing melted away when cooking – so next time I'd add some breadcrumbs and an egg to give it more body.

I rolled the lamb up around the stuffing and tied it up with string (not very neatly).

I roasted this lamb for a long time at a low temperature in a pan with orange juice and wine in the bottom.  The lamb was covered with foil to ensure it stayed moist.

Once it was almost done I took it out and let it rest while I wound up the oven to hot and put the lamb back in for 20 minutes to get some colour.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had lamb in so long. My husband used to make a stuffed leg of lamb. I love the cream cheese you've used in yours. I recently stuffed chicken breast s with cream cheese and sun dried tomatoes...the stuffing all seeped out. That's when it becomes sauce. Haha!
    Thanks for sharing, Carole.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers