Wednesday 9 October 2013

Books You Loved: October 2013


Before heading into the new collection of Books You Loved, I would like to mention some of the books in last month's collection.  There were almost 100 of them so if you would like to check them out please head over to the original post or to this Pinboard.

Hungry by Darlene Barnes was reviewed by Guiltless Reading who said 'Such a feel-good book! A touching, funny, and enjoyable memoir of Darlene's journey from frat house cook to someone memorable and important in the lives of young men.'

I had to mention a book where the main character is a blogger!  Blogger Girl by Meredith Schorr was reviewed by Melissa over at Chick Lit Central.  She said 'Blogger Girl is snarky, humorous and comforting all at the same time'

Michelle of Jarrah Jungle reviewed Man Vs. Child by Dominic Knight.  Michelle said 'the novel was funny, witty, and very cheeky, I found myself grinning like an idiot on public transport on more than a few occasions'  I also recommend you to check out Michelle's star rating descriptions – highly original.

Blackmoore by Julianne Donaldson was reviewed by Shauna of I Love to Read & Review Books.  Shauna said 'I could go on and on about this breath-taking book, for it truly is a definite must-read for anyone who loves a good love story like I do.'

Now, on to the new "library" for October.  Please add your books that you loved to the collection – just pop your name and the name of the book into the first Mr Linky box and paste the url for your review into the second one.

To help you check out the other links I will be pinning them to this Pinboard so you can see the covers at a glance.

Happy booking!



Pin It

29 comments:

  1. How can you not love a little one that says: "I love you."?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's also a US only giveaway with my book post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I entered a short Paranormal romance set in exotic island. According to the author the sequel is in the pipelines and all the reviews point to readers waiting to read more about these characters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though not a happy story, hope fills its crevices. Riveting women's fiction at its best. There's a reason this one raced to the top of the NYT Bestsellers list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the invitation, Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm listing two recently read books that I enjoyed: The Warden by Anthony Trollope, a classic - an oldie but goodie, and The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith, aka J.K. Rowling - not quite in the same league as Trollope but still an enjoyable read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Carole, I've posted my review of my favourite book of the year (so far!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found an Elizabeth Chadwick book that I had somehow missed reading when it was first published. She is one of my favorite Historical Fiction writers, and so I was thrilled to read this fascinating story of William of Normandy and William the Conqueror in the "The Winter Mantle"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have so many good ones I want to share, but I can't choose so I chose Burial Rites.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. liking Halloween and Christmas books already this month

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry I posted a link twice, but the first one didn't show the title of the book. I am listing my favorite of the month which was Burial Rites by Hannah Kent. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Carole, as always. I entered the only one I read in September.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many good books coming out in September & October it's hard to choose what to read next!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your idea of creating a pinboard of these books. The visual is so pretty. I am following your board now :)

    I also added my favorite book in October, a slightly oldish one called The Tiger's Wife by Tea Obreht

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am raving about UNRAVELLED by Mary Tod. An historical novel that spans WW1 and WW2

    carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, that is great news to me, as I will be reading it also! :)

      Delete
  16. Thanks Carole! I loved Just Ella that I put in my link.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful idea and I'm so happy to contribute :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. My goodness, my TBR thanks you Carol :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for hosting this, Carole! I've added my own book to the Mister Linky, and hope others will stop by my blog, because I am also having a giveaway for the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good list, as always, thank you ver much for this, Carole. I have posted "Wonder" this month, a book for children and adults alike, about a young boy who is not the way everyone else expects him to be and how he copes with it with the help of his family and friends. Lovely book, so charming.

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  21. "Unfinished Symphony" is the third book of the Logan Family series by V. C. Andrews. I know it's an old book, but it's the first time I read them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi,

    I read May We Be Forgiven - a slightly unhinged tale of family life in the aftermath of a violent crime. Bizarre but amazing.

    :-)
    Girl with her Head in a Book

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello again, Carole,
    I'm stopping by to add my link to the list - thanks for hosting! See you next month :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Carole - Thanks for inviting me to take part in "Books You Loved "....

    My favourite book this month is The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult. Beautifully written from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Miranda Dickinson's Take a Look at Me Now I think is her best book so far xXx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers