Friday 28 October 2011

"How to Be a Woman" by Caitlin Moran - A Book I really enjoyed



The most recent book that I really enjoyed was "How to be a Woman" by Caitlin Moran.  It was really laugh out loud.  Non fiction written warts and all style.  I don't imagine many men would find it quite as funny.  I didn't agree with all her views at all but she sure can write amusingly.  In her own words:

"Part memoir, part rant, Caitlin Moran answers these questions* and more in How To Be a Woman – following her from her terrible 13th birthday (‘I am 13 stone, have no friends, and boys throw gravel at me when they see me’) through adolescence, the workplace, strip clubs, love, fat, abortion, Topshop, motherhood and beyond."

The questions - Why are we supposed to get Brazilians? Should you get Botox? Do men secretly hate us? What should you call your vagina? Why does your bra hurt? And why does everyone ask you when you’re going to have a baby?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcome. I have currently disabled anonymous comments due to unwanted spam. Cheers